The follow code of conduct rules apply for all attendees to Online Peer Allergy Support:
- Online Peer Allergy Support are support groups held in a safe environment for discussing topics related to living with allergies.
- This is an environment where you can be comfortable in sharing and reflecting on your own experiences (or the experiences of those dear to you), and in seeking social support.
- This is a private group, and only registered attendees are present.
- What gets discussed during the groups is kept confidential unless there is follow up of information that is requested during the groups.
- If, during the group, facilitators have concerns about the wellbeing of any attendees, the facilitator will notify Allergy Life Australia, who will communicate with the person of concern directly to provide adequate assistance. All these communications will stay confidential.
- All discussions during the groups are to be related to allergies.
- There is a zero-tolerance with bullying, discrimination, anti-social behaviour or any negative behaviour.
- Interruptions or swearing is not permitted during these groups, and there is a zero-tolerance to repeat offenders.
- All attendees are to treat each other with respect, care and kindness during the groups.
- There is no pressure to speak, show your face or stay for the entire support group– everyone is welcome to sit and listen at their own pace.
- Everyone’s opinion is valid, and everyone’s allergy experiences are as important as anyone else’s.
- Attendees that do not follow this code of conduct will incur immediate removal from the group and may not be allowed to join future support groups.
- Online Peer Allergy Support is run by volunteers who dedicate their time and service to help support the allergy community. The discussions facilitated during these groups are not intended as medical instruction or as a substitute for diagnosis, examination and advice by a qualified health care provider.
If you have any questions or queries, about the above, the Online Peer Allergy Support or anything else, please get in touch